Our theory of change identifies five areas which need to be addressed if children’s right to participate is to be fully realised:
- The recognition that children are capable of making a meaningful contribution
- The creation of an enabling environment, with ‘space’ relinquished to sharing power and providing decision making opportunities to children and young people
- Adults and children recognising that all children have equal rights
- The development of appropriate policy and legal frameworks with commitment to implementation, backed by sufficient resources
- Governments and donors placing children at the heart of their agendas and the post-2015 framework
Read our strategic plan below to understand what guides our work with communities and other stakeholders – or download it here.