Written by children’s rights experts Gerison Lansdown and Claire O’Kane, this toolkit provides a conceptual framework for measuring children’s participation, for analysing its progress in a particular setting and evaluating the scope and quality of participation. It also gives practical tools to gather the information needed to monitor children’s participation.
It can be used by organisations working directly with children, by child- and youth-led organisations, and by governments that are committed to fulfilling their obligations to respect children’s right to participate.
The toolkit consists of 6 booklets:
- Booklet 1 Introduction
- Booklet 2: Measuring the creation of a participatory and respectful environment for children
- Booklet 3: How to measure the scope, quality and outcomes of children’s participation
- Booklet 4: A 10-step guide to monitoring and evaluating children’s participation
- Booklet 5: Tools for monitoring and evaluating children’s participation
- Booklet 6: Children and young people’s experiences, advice and recommendations
To download the leaflet, click here.